Nevada 211 is a division of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Money Management International (MMI). The organization provides information and referrals for essential human services, such as disaster alerts, food banks, homeless shelters, and health care.
Our objective in this project was to transition a difficult-to-use website into an intuitive, interactive resource portal to provide Nevada residents with essential information and referrals. In addition, ensure the new platform is easy-to-use for non-technical administrative staff to make updates and obtain client information.
- Develop website that is simple to use, mobile-responsive and integrated with the organization’s database of 211 resource providers;
- Meet with department managers and stakeholders to gather and evaluate project requirements;
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps;
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate the site functionality and layout;
- Create the ability for program agencies to electronically submit program updates;
- Create guided search layout, organizing program resources by AIRS accredited taxonomy categories and sub-categories;
- Setup a WordPress optimized hosting environment that provides security against malware/hack intrusions, 24/7 technical support, and daily backups;
- Integrate Google analytics and custom tools to track user website behavior and demographics. This data is used to observe which services are most needed by Nevada residents and to develop targeted programs.
UI Page Mockup